iSWAB-ID is an efficient sample collection system which enables long term room temperature stabilization of the collected sample at the point of collection, while ensuring proper chain of custody. This system allows for maximizing sample recovery and obtaining human DNA compatible with ID profiling assays. DNA extraction can be performed using any commercially available whole blood extraction chemistry.
- Efficiently recovered and stabilized DNA of forensic significance at the point of collection.
- Stabilized DNA remained of sufficient quality to analyze for at least 2 weeks at ambient temperature.
- Unlike processing traditional swabs, collecting samples with iSWAB-ID allows for multiple runs for analysis and archiving purposes.
- Collected samples are stable over 5 years at room temperature storage (based on accelerated stability testing).
– iSWAB-ID Protocol
– iSWAB-ID Datasheet
– Superior Forensic STR Profiling with iSWAB-ID
– AAFS Mawi iSWAB and Copan FLOQSwabs
– AAFS Poster Mawi-2016
– iSWAB vs Sponge: Longer gDNA Stability, Lower Bacterial DNA Contamination, and Greater Cost Efficiency; The Choice is Yours
– Maximizing the amount of DNA recovered: a study of Mawi DNA Technologies’ iSWAB-ID collection device for forensic science application
– iSWAB-ID AAFS 2018 Presentation
Collecting Evidentiary Samples with iSWAB-ID
Extraction automation on Hamilton Star