Work Location: Remote or Onsite depending on location
(Current location in Hayward, CA and moving to Pleasanton, CA in Q1-2023. Normal working hours (M-F, 8:00 – 5:00)
Summary of Role:
Make an Impact – Join Our Outside Sales Team Now!
This opportunity gives you the ability to make an immediate impact while enjoying what you do and who you work with. Our team has a great sense of pride and is ready to welcome you to the Mawi DNA Technologies family.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative for the West Coast to drive new sales development and expand new business in their assigned territory. (California home base is ideal.) This role will report to the Director of Sales. We are a United States based company developing unique biosample collection technologies enabling universal sample collection from any population segment including animals, that also allow samples to be transported and stored at room temperature. The innovative design of our iSWAB™ biosample collection products allow for release of cells captured from almost any swab into a proprietary buffer. iSWAB samples can be used for simple or complex applications in multiomics-based analysis. A successful candidate will have an enthusiastic entrepreneurial work ethic. This person will work closely with Marketing, Product Managers, R&D, and Customer Service groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & execute on an appropriate territory and account-specific sales business plan for each of the three niche product lines in the portfolio to meet and/or exceed the assigned sales quota.
- Successfully manage a complex sales process from prospect to close for proof of concept and adoption of reagents and devices.
- Deliver effective scientific/technical presentations and demonstrations of the Mawi DNA portfolio
- Demonstrate and gain customer acceptance of Mawi DNA’s Technologies at customer sites
- Provide regular updates on progress towards meeting assigned goals on a weekly basis.
- Utilize CRM database (e.g. NetSuite), as well as other sales enablement tools
- Accurately manage sales pipeline activities by continuously working to expand new customer adoption in each of the product lines while protecting and managing existing clients.
- Attend trade shows and conferences when possible
- Work remotely, out of a home office and own a car. Mileage will be reimbursed at IRS mileage rates for company travel.
- All other duties as assigned or necessaryRequired Qualifications:
- Minimum B.S. degree in life sciences is a must.
- 3+ years or equivalent commercial, sales and business development experience in molecular biology in the Life Sciences/Diagnostics marketplace.
- Proficiency with genetic testing workflows including sample collection, sample prep, and downstream applications such as PCR, NGS, and microarrays preferred.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with prior sales experience in infectious disease markets and selling regulated products.
- Experience selling to develop OEM relationships & working with Channel Partners is preferred.
- Strong relationships in Pharma, Biotech, Diagnostics and Research organizations is ideal.
- Relationships in Reference Labs, Diagnostic Manufacturing & Biological Drug Development is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Prior experience with managing prospects in a CRM such as Salesforce or Netsuite.
- Ability to confidently communicate with potential customers at different responsibility levels and sectors such as academic, industry, hospitals, and government.
- Perseverance and enthusiasm needed to effectively manage selling cycles
- Flexibility to travel at least 50%.
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships
- Possesses a confident, energetic, “hunter” mentality
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Strong personal initiative and a growth mindset
Compensation: Salary plus Incentive Compensation.
Territory: West of the Mississippi River
Salary: DOE; base + commission
How to Apply: Applicants may send resumes to Jerome David at email@example.com
The position is full-time, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Excellent full-time benefits including company-paid comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Performance-based bonuses
Mawi DNA Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.